Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shhhh...Baby's Sleeping!

Hampton is taking a nap. In his swing. Not my arms. I should be showering, or cleaning my house, or really, anything productive. But I'm not. Ha!

It has been really hard to figure out what to do with my colicky baby. During the day, he has to be held all the time. He seems to like the car seat and going for rides, so I try to get us out as much as possible. Night time was horrible for a few weeks, but I think we're starting down a better road. Hampton sleeps on my chest most of the night, but I have been putting him in the pack-n-play next to me after his night feedings, and he will usually sleep there for an hour or two. I take this time to roll on my side or stomach. ;) Breastfeeding is going well. He sucks like a champ. My right side was terribly sore earlier this week, but I've worked on helping him get a better latch, and it is making a huge difference.
The past month has flown by. My little monkey is growing and changing so fast. He is trying really hard to lift his head during tummy time. He is looking around and really starting to focus on things. Smiles are coming more and more often, but I haven't been able to catch one on camera yet. Jordan and I are quickly learning his cues, and we can usually tell when he wants food, sleep, or just to be held and loved on. It is usually the first, followed by the last, which results in the second!

Having a baby is: wonderful, exhausting, exciting, hard, and many, MANY more emotions all rolled into a big ball of bliss. I love it!! I always wanted children, but now that I have this little guy here and in my arms, I know that I was meant for this. Being a mom has just come so naturally. Do I have questions? Sure. But who wouldn't? I already want another one!!

2 comments:

cejer said...

Sounds like you are doing an amazing job as a mommy:) The cholicky part will get better after a few months ... I got this thing called the Happy Tummy when Mac was little it was a savior!! Because so much of cholic is tummy related stuff .. it is kinda like a heating pad for babies that straps around their stomach .. check it out .. Hampton might like it:) It def helped soothe Mac and help him sleep...

Jessica White said...

Happy 1 month! It sounds like you're doing an amazing job with H :-)