Monday, November 10, 2008

Operation Distract Rebekah is underway

I wasn't very excited when the doc told me I had to wait until January to do my next FET. In most people's eyes, January is right around the corner. To an infertile, it is unthinkable how far away it is. Seriously.

Sooo...I decided I had to do something to distract myself. Obviously, the holidays are coming up, but that can only be distracting for so long. I need something to do now...to get me to the holidays. I spent this weekend painting our spare bedroom a beautiful powder blue. I love it! Now, for the fun part-because Jordan is still jobless (boo!), I'm on a tight budget to decorate the rest of the room. It may take a little while, but I will be doing some serious bargain hunting and trying to get creative for this one. I love a good shopping challenge!

On top of my own "Design on a Dime" challenge, we have a lot of stuff coming up--SIL's baby shower, weddings, events at church, & birthdays--so I think I'll be okay over the next couple of months. I'm trying to stay positive. There's nothing I can do about it at this point, so why sit and mope? And, who knows, Jordan and I do have a 1-2% chance of getting knocked up on our own... :)

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

Hwy, I just came across your blog while looking for other people going through the same thing. My Husband and I have been trying to have a baby for about three years. Last year we found out he has a sperm count of zero. Now, we are trying to figure out why, and if there are any being produced at all. I do the distraction technique also. My Sister in Law just announced she is pregnant, (my little brothers wife, they got married in May). SO, i just wanted to say hi to someone who knows what its all about! Thanks!