Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well, I survived

This weekend was a crazy one, but I survived!

I planned a surprise birthday party for my mom's 50th with dad. It went off without a hitch. She was so shocked. Honestly, I never thought we'd pull it off, but dad was able to keep his big mouth shut! Yay! We had a great turn out, delicious food, and just a good time visiting and watching her open her (very funny) birthday gifts!

Friday didn't have my stomach in knots. Saturday did. It was my SIL's baby shower. (Disclaimer: I am very excited for her and my BIL. I was NOT excited about going to a baby shower and ooing and ahing over cute baby girl stuff, all the while holding back my own tears.)

The shower was nice. Very sweet, cute baby stuff, you know the drill. I actually did enjoy myself, but probably mainly because it went by very quickly and my mom and Jordan's aunt kept me distracted! All-in-all, it was enjoyable, and I really can't wait to meet my niece. What did suck was we hung out at the in-laws all day with all of the family that had come in town for the shower. My MIL laid out all the gifts on display for everyone to see. Blah. And she played and picked and sorted through everything the entire evening. Blah. Blah. OH, and when DH's grandmother left, she hugged me and said, "Will this be you next? Doesn't it just make you want to have a baby?" Sigh...

No comments: