Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Colton-1 month

Yes, even though it feels like we walked out of the hospital yesterday, my baby is a month old! He has had a busy first month, which is definitely the reason it has flown by. I don't think I went out of the house much the first month with Hampton, but with Colton, I can probably count on one hand the number of days we have been at home all day long. It feels good to get out, but it can be a bit overwhelming. After a complete meltdown by Hampton in the parking lot of Target, I haven't really ventured out much on my own unless I will be meeting up with someone! I need a little more time to get the hang of it all!

Colton was having a hard time gaining weight, but he finally surpassed his birth weight (and rocketed on up to 8lb15oz!!) at his last weight check on his 1-month birthday. I'm glad to finally have him on the right track. Only problem is he still has mucusy, green bm's, so we are trying to figure out what is causing that. I was going dairy free, but after 3 weeks, we couldn't see any change, so now I'm eating Activia yogurt to see if some probiotics will help. If there is no change, I think we may have to do some cultures. :(

This first month has been much easier than what I remember with the monkey. He eats well, he sleeps well, and over all he's pretty chill. Unless he's awake and I put him in the carseat and we don't leave that second. Then, he's not so happy. And it carries over to the car ride, until he finally goes to sleep! Hampton, on the other hand, could have lived in his car seat for the first 3 months (and really hasn't ever minded it since...). Overall, I can't complain!

One month pictures were oddly familiar to Hampton's, and he screamed bloody murder the second we set him down! Here are a few that were okay:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Jessica White said...

He is such a cutie! Glad to hear you guys are doing well, and getting the swing of it all :-)

Hopefully they're able to figure out what's bothering Colton's tummy.

kinsey said...

i don't remember how i found your blog, but i've been reading because our kids are basically the exact same ages! my boy will be two on Sep 5th and my girl was born july 15th :-) and your comparison of the two in the carseats is exactly like us! hank did not mind the infant carrier at all, but stella wants to be moving if she's in it :-) congrats on colton!

Anonymous said...

I started my lil man on LIVE probiotics at one month and found his stools corrected in no time. The probiotics in Activia are not live due to the pasteurizing process and do not have the same effect. I just put a little on my nipple and he never notices. Easy peasy :) Check out Whole Foods - selection is great (Jarrow is what I use). Good Luck - he's gorgeous!

Rebekah said...

Thanks, everyone! Kinsey, how neat that they are both so close!! Alison, I appreciate the advice. I didn't know the difference, but I'll have to go get some live probiotics this weekend. Thanks!

Jennifer said...

So sweet! It's amazing how different two siblings can be and things that worked for one baby, doesn't work for the other. My two were very different from one another and it took time to work myself into a groove. Your solo outings will get easier with time! You're doing a great job, momma!