Thursday, July 30, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

Well, it's over. My vacation that is. Jordan and I had hoped to get to the beach for at least a few days together, but because he has a fairly new job, and no vacation time yet, it didn't work out. I didn't let this get me down, though! I decided to go ahead and take vacation time for myself! It was so nice to be away from the office for 5 days (and to come back to a 2 day week isn't bad either!). Better categorized as a "stay"cation, it came to an abrupt ending this morning at 7:00 am to the sound of my alarm. Oh, how I didn't miss that for the past week!

Unfortunately, I was feeling so sick on Thursday. My first official day of vacation was spent on the sofa in my pjs. At first I was mad. I was on vacation. I shouldn't be sick. But then I thought, "I'm on vacation. Feeling gross or not, I can lay here all day long and no one can stop me!" And that's exactly what I did.

The next couple of days were spent at my parent's house in the pool. It was me and the 3 dogs on Saturday, so pretty boring, but I just floated and read my book, Shopaholic & Baby. I love the Shopaholic series, but I couldn't bring myself to read this final one last summer. I picked it up last week, and once I started, I couldn't put it down! Jordan joined me later that evening to grill out by the pool and we both hung out, floated, and swam around on Sunday since it was his day off. We've decided that a pool is a must for our future home. I love going to my parents' and hanging out with them, but there is something so romantic and wonderful about sitting out by the pool as the sun goes down, grilling out, and just spending time with each other. It was fun to pretend while mom and dad were out of town :)

I did a little nesting on Monday. I have been so slack in cleaning during this pregnancy, and it is so not like me! Recently, I have become more aware of what a wreck our house is, and poor Jord has gotten an earful more than a few times. We are in training mode now. This man has got to learn that dirty clothes go in a hamper, dirty dishes get rinsed and put in the dishwasher, trash goes in the trashcan (NOT the nearest surface that it can be set on!), etc. I have my work cut out for me! I figured that the best way to train was with a fresh start. So, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer, got some cabinets organized and rearranged, and have a to-do list that I will be working on over the next few days. If everything starts with a "home," I'm convinced my husband can help me keep it that way. Positive thinking!

Tuesday was Jordan's day off, and I scheduled a couple's massage for us that morning. Best.Idea.Ever! It was so relaxing. We slept in, went off to the spa, went out car shopping, and then, you guessed it, spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool! It was a perfect day!

I ended my relaxing week with a trip to the outlet stores with my mom, dad, and brother. We had a great time, but if I can be perfectly honest, it wasn't all that fun shopping as a pregnant person. All the stores had great deals, and though I'm really not wearing that many maternity clothes, I have had to go up a size in most shirts thanks to the ever expanding chest and didn't want to buy something that most likely won't fit next summer. I was able to find a few things for Jordan, and, thanks to my mom, the little monkey racked up! We found several adorable outfits at Polo and the Carter's outlet and Uncle Taylor picked out some "Air Jordan" socks at the Nike outlet. He's going to be one stylin' dude! I showed off everything to Jordan last night when he got home from work, and he loved it all. He did laugh and say that it's obvious that our little monkey is going to be preppy. But of course!

So, there was no sand in my toes, and I didn't get to go to any fun out-of-the-norm restaurants to eat, but I had 7 days of doing just what I wanted to do! I don't know how it gets better than that! :)

No comments: