Monday, February 21, 2011

another first

The "firsts" are such fun when you are watching your child grow up. First tooth, first roll, first smile, first step, first haircut...oh, there are just so many! Last week, we had a not so fun first-Hampton's first ear infection. He was so pitiful, had a fever of 104 Monday night (another first!), and no signs of what could be wrong. We headed in to the doctor on Tuesday morning, and I prepared myself for the "It's a virus, nothing we can do about it" speech. When Dr.H was looking him over, she was talking about different viruses going around, and then, she looked in his right ear, looked at me with a surprised look and said, "He has an ear infection. I did not see that coming!" I found it amusing that she was as surprised to see it as I was to hear it. She said she thought he might have a virus on top of it as well. The good news with ear infections is that he can take medicine for it! He's been on antibiotics for a week now, and the little monkey seems to be back to his old self. I hate that he was ever so miserable, and I hope we don't have to go through that again for a long time.

(Also, don't forget to check out the Stella & Dot virtual party!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: