Sunday, August 3, 2008

Living for the Weekends

This weekend was great (& stress free)! We spent a lot of time with mom and dad. What can I say? We love 'em! I'm sure one of these days they are going to finally admit that they are sick of us :-) Until then...

We went to see The Dark Knight on Friday. The movie was really good, but I think people built it up so much that I wound up being disappointed. It seemed to drag. But there were really good and some pretty funny parts. We went and ate some Poblano's after the movie. As usual, it was delish. You can never go wrong with Mexican, right? It was an enjoyable night out. Favorite quote from mom, "How did they get his (Two Face's) make up to look like that? His cheek really looked hollow." Uhh...it was digitally inhanced mom, not make up! Oh, and dad wants to start a business and call it "Wayne Enterprises." Help me now!

On Saturday, mom and I shopped 'til we dropped. It was tax free weekend here in GA, and even though no taxes doesn't save you that much, we found lots of great stuff...on SALE! Awesome! My favorite purchase of the day is a dress from Ann Taylor. It is a silk dress in a beautiful forest green w/a skinny belt. I love it! And it was on sale for $39.99 from $188--nice! I also got several shirts and another cute dress from Old Navy. Oh, and I can't forget the Swiffer Sweeper/Vac. This thing makes getting up dog hair on wood floor and tile a breeze! Definitely a good purchase :). Surprisingly, I ended the day with NO NEW SHOES! But I do have my eye on some Nine West heels and some Carlos Santana sandals (and some by Jessica Simpson, they are surprisingly comfortable --but I refuse to buy her stuff--she annoys me!) All in all, it was a successful shopping day!

Sunday was nice. We slept in (oops) and spent the day by the pool with mom and dad and the dogs. It was so incredibly hot, and the pool felt wonderful. I became a permanent fixture on the float. Nothing too exciting, but oh so relaxing!

The weekend goes by too fast. Tomorrow it's back to the office...searching for something to do! 5 more days until Friday...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll admit- i tried on a pair of shoes at Macy's once & i thought they were super cute- then i noticed that they were jessica simpson so i refused to buy them- heh.

Christal said...

right there with you ya sista..but at least your blog can be my entertainment :)..btw i luv the nine west sandals.....