Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Can I take maternity leave early?

My job is a total snooze fest. And I'm still fighting with morning sickness. And it's summertime, so the pool is calling my name. So, the solution I've come up with--early maternity leave! In my perfect world I would take off six weeks, get paid for it, get a tan, get the house ready for a baby, and return to work for a couple of months before the monkey arrives. Then, just to make the scenario even better, on Friday, October 9 (48 mere hours before the babe's EDD), I would walk out the door and yell "I quit!!" while flashing a peace sign!

::sigh::

In a perfect world...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

sounds good to me ;-)

Tabitha said...

This made me smile! I love that idea!

Jessica White said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful to me, especially after getting screamed at and belittled by one of the managers this morning.

Of course I'd have to wait to quit until after ML (my insurance is through work), but still...
(bumpie WhiteysWifey)

Katie Duke said...

DO IT! I'll give you a dollar :)

Christal said...

I agree with Katie...I will even double her offer :)

Rachel said...

Are you going back to work after he's born?

Rebekah said...

Yes, as of right now, I will have to work after he comes. BUT--I'm hoping to be able to be doing something on my own by then (fewer hours, maybe from home), so we'll see!