Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just a little update

Thanks for all the get well wishes. After spending ALL.DAY.LONG in the bed on Saturday and 11 glorious hours of sleep on Saturday night, I was feeling like a new person on Sunday. Still not 100%, but oh so much better! I'm on meds through the rest of this week, and I hope to be in great shape for my first shower this Saturday! Oh my, how exciting!!

Jordan and I headed up to the hospital for another growth scan this morning and, to our surprise, were told that we were going to be getting a biophysical profile and nonstress test. For those who don't know, the NST was just being hooked up to the monitors to watch baby's heartrate and contractions (I did have 1 real contraction, but couldn't feel it. The nurse wasn't real concerned and just stressed drinking enough water). The BPP is done by u/s and checks for movement, fluid, swallowing practice, and breathing practice. Our little monkey scored a perfect 10 out of 10, so we're happy with that! The nurse said I would be doing these tests once a week until the end of the pregnancy--another surprise. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting to see the baby every week...! I called my doctor just to check, and she won't be in until Thursday. She never mentioned this, so, I guess we'll just have to see.

The monkey was looking good today. He's got a big head. No question about it. But, really, what can I do? If my body can't get him out, they'll cut me open and pull him out. No big deal :) He is measuring right at the average weight for this time according to the u/s tech and the chart on the u/s machine, 4lbs 5oz. Good news!

Today is exactly 2 months from my due date. I can hardly wait! :)

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

YAY! I'm glad you're feeling better...hopefully you'll be 100% for your shower :-)