Friday, April 23, 2010

7 months!!

Yeah, so someone asked me how old my baby was. I told her he had just turned 6 months. That was 2 days ago. Where on earth did the month of April go?? And I have a 7 month old?!?

Chunky Monkey!

Such a happy baby!Mom, why do you take so many pictures??

My little baby is quickly becoming a little boy! This makes me so sad but, of course, so happy at the same time! Lots of fun changes this month:
Solids: He's tried carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears and bananas. Carrots & sweet potatoes = best.things.ever. Green beans = eh, he'll eat 'em if that's the only choice. Peas = Gag!! Pears & bananas = more. more. MORE. (picture him beating both fists on his highchair tray)!!
Talking: We have 2 words, I think. He says "bahbahbah," which we take as baba (bottle) and bye bye. What he thinks it means? Who knows?! And I'm pretty sure he's saying "dada." Except, the first time I heard it was through the monitor at 2:30 in the morning. Every time after that, same scenario-he's upset about something, and that's what he cries out. Poor dada ;)
Moving: Yes. Ha! He's quick, and his army crawl is getting much better. He now pulls his knees up underneath him and then lunges forward or he gets his arms completely straight and drags his body behind him. Now, if he could just put the 2 together...we'd be in business! Rolling on the other hand, there is no stopping him! I put him down on his activity mat and within seconds he's off rolling across the room!
Sitting: He's sitting independently now, and really loving this new "view of life." I do still keep pillows or a boppy behind/beside him, though, because when he gets tired of sitting, he doesn't just fall lightly. He kind of flings himself in any random direction! The last thing I want is for him to slam his head against the hard floor! :/
Sleeping: Eh. We've had a setback. Maybe teeth? I don't know, but for the last week he has decided that naps are the worst thing ever invented. He fights and fights, but once he goes to sleep, he usually takes pretty good naps. He's also decided that sleeping through the night is for the birds. He's been waking up every night this week b/w 2:30 and 3:30. No fun. I've been so exhausted, and I just bring him into bed with me. He goes right back to sleep snuggling with his mommy! This isn't a habit I want to get into, though, so I'm going to have to stop! Hopefully this is just a phase, and my good little sleeper will come back soon. Tonight would work...!

It's been another fun and fast month! The little monkey is just loving life, and he loves going to different places and smile and babble at everyone around. He's quite the character! Looking forward to month 7!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

he is sooo cute! and that last pic cracks me up!