Monday, April 19, 2010

Springtime!

It's here! It's here! Okay, it's been here for a little while now, but this past weekend, we were actually able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. It was perfection, I tell you. Just perfection!

Friday, Hampton and I went all around town running some errands. I didn't have much to do, but we did need formula, so I figured we'd head to BRU. The formula is all the way in the back of the store, so of course I got distracted on my way to it. I gathered up lots of fun stuff and headed out the door with a new crib sheet, a couple of outfits, some sunscreen, and some wipes. Yep, NO FORMULA! So, after spending about $75 there, what do you think I did? Why, I headed to Target, of course! And there, I headed straight to the baby section, and grabbed some formula. Good job, right? It would have been, except that Hampton was so happy to be riding around in the stroller that I decided to take a leisurely stroll around the whole store. Yeah... My name is Rebekah, and I'm a shopaholic. ;)

Saturday we started off the day with a nice walk. Hampton loved it! He almost gave himself whiplash moving his head from side to side-taking it all in-neighbors cutting the grass, people riding bikes by, and insects buzzing by. Such fun! Then, after cleaning the house, we headed over to mom and dad's to lay by the pool. I was so excited to put the little monkey in his sunglasses and hat. He hung out in the shade in his excersaucer while I laid out for a bit (in a bikini that I actually felt pretty good in...what, what!). It was great!

Seriously, he wouldn't take these off! He wore his hat and sunglasses the whole time, and he looked super cute while doing it!

Sunday we made our way down to South Georgia to visit my grandparents (and Hampton was excited to see his Aunt Ashley and Adam, too!). Hampton is so sweet on road trips. He spent the time babbling to his Mimi, and they were both happy as could be. We played and we ate and we hung out and then we headed home. My Pawpaw sent back some tomatoes and peppers for me to plant, and Jordan is very excited to start a garden!

Such a nice weekend, and I look forward to many more as the warmer weather continues!

2 comments:

Frugal Vicki said...

What a cutie! I am so glad I have my daughter, but I miss those one on one times with my son

Jessica White said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me :-) He's adorable in those sunglasses lol

The shopping thing sounds like what I would do if I wasn't policing myself with constant lists :-)