Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blessed

I think about how blessed we are all the time, but this week I was reminded of just how fortunate we are. This weekend, two of my friends from all the way back in middle school had to say goodbye to their dads. One passed away after a long battle with cancer, and one was taken suddenly by a heart attack. Watching my friends grieve was heartbreaking, but after talking with them at each of the funerals, it was comforting to know that they were confident that their daddies were in Heaven.

Of course, attending funerals gets the mind going. I started thinking about how blessed Jordan and I are, but more, how fortunate Hampton is. Not many can say this, but Hampton has all of his great-grandparents and grandparents still alive, none are divorced, and most are in pretty good health. Unfortunately, Hampton has not gotten to visit one set of great-grandparents, but we do hope to get up there soon. This is one of the main reasons I would hate to move from where we are. Jordan's parents and my parents are just minutes away from us, and they get to see Hampton as often as they want. Family is so important to me, and I want my little guy to treasure every second he gets to spend with his family here on earth.

I haven't had to deal with death with someone very close in my family, so I can't say that I understand how my friends feel. I do know my heart is aching for them, and I pray that they find peace and understanding during this very difficult time. Just another reminder to treasure the time you have here, friends.

No comments: