Monday, April 12, 2010

What a Week!!

Last week was a complete blur. During Master's week, if you don't work in a restaurant, bar, golf course or in the hotel business, you are bound to have a very boring week here. So I like to take on an extra job each year-just for the week-to make some extra money. And believe me, there is money to be made. I worked for the same company for several years, and it was a piece of cake--early morning for an hour or so, and then a few hours at night for hors d'oeuvres and dinner. Easy work for about a $1500 paycheck. Not too shabby, friends. Well, this year, I worked as a server for a different company, and, holy cow, I thought I may not survive the week! I went in at 5:30 every morning and got off around 8:30 or 9 at night. It was sheer craziness! And the word "exhaustion" doesn't even cut it! Oh, and my feet. My poor swollen, tender, blistered feet!! But it's done, and I look forward to getting my check in the mail! I'm rewarding myself with a jogging stroller (and maybe a new outfit or two!), and then putting it towards baby bills. It feels good to see these numbers getting smaller and smaller. Maybe we can try for #2 sooner than expected... ;)

Since I was not home, Jordan was playing mom for the week. He did an amazing job! He had Hampton all day by himself on Monday and Tuesday, and he had to take him to several different places throughout the week on his way to work. It was pretty much a total shock to him how long it can take to get a baby up, fed, dressed, and ready to get out the door, especially when it's for a large chunk of time! But he succeeded and Hampton survived. (insert sigh of relief here.)

It was hard, though. VERY hard. I have left my little monkey before but for only a few hours. And I always see him first thing in the morning and before he goes to bed. This week, that didn't happen everyday. I didn't get to see him at all before leaving for the day, and he was already down for the night several times when I got home. I just counted down the days and prayed for it to go by quickly.

Best thing ever-walking in the door Sunday night, and Hampton (who was in the jumparoo) spit out his pacifier, gave me the biggest gummy grin and bounced up and down with his arms reaching towards me. I scooped him up and soaked in those wet kisses!! Bliss :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Way to make that money, girl!!! From the time I was 20 until I was 26, I worked full time at a law firm and bartended Friday & Saturday nights. Every.single.weekend. I usually made more money bartending two nights then I did all week at my FT job, but I needed health insurance, so I couldn't quit. The money was GREAT, but I spent it all on vacations, clothes and shoes. I wish I would have put 1/2 of it away so that I'd have a nice start to the boys' college fund!
I know you missed Hampton this week, but he'll forgive you when he's riding in his sweet new stroller!