Sunday, May 23, 2010

8 months!

Guess how many months I am??

Eight!

Hampton is 8 months old today! I don't even know what to say about this past month. He has gone from a baby to a little boy, it seems. ::sniff, sniff:: Once he learned to move, he hasn't slowed down! And everyday is something new!I have a feeling we're going to have our hands full...

This month's moments to remember:
  • 3 teeth! The 2 bottoms came in about a week and a half ago, and the top left one finally popped through (barely) this weekend. Teething has not been a fun time for any of us, but this top tooth has been a real booger. I hate that it's been so painful for H, and I hope the next one isn't as bad.
  • Hampton seems to have no real desire to get his knees up under him and actually crawl. His army crawl gets him where he needs to go, and fast, so he seems content!
  • Last weekend, he learned to get himself into the sitting position on his own.
  • This weekend, he learned to pull himself up to stand. Jordan witnessed this new trick for the first time at 4:30 am on Saturday. I guess he just needed to show off!
  • Hampton loves to babble all the time. He is seriously talking all the time! His only real word that he uses consistently is "dada." "Mama" and "bye" were a one time occurrence.
  • He's trying lots of different foods now, but still is not a fan of anything green. I keep trying, though!
  • He LOVES to drink ice water out of a real cup. And to stick his chubby little hands in the glass, play with the ice, and giggle. Adorable.
  • He's lazy. Seriously. He refuses to hold a bottle or sippy cup. If he does give in and hold it, he won't lift it up in order to get anything out.
  • He gives the best hugs and kisses. Period. You come out on the other side with a soaking wet face, but they're still the best. :)
  • "The squirmer" should be his middle name. He loves to be held, but when he is ready to get down, you better be prepared. He will leap out of your arms, crawl up your body and over your shoulder, or fling himself backwards to let you know!
Wait, I'm how many months??Wow!!I can't wait to see what I learn THIS month!

I'm so thankful for the time I get to spend with this little guy and watch him grow. He has such a personality already!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

He's so cute! And growing much too fast!