Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of my mommy readers!! I know so many of us wondered if we would ever get to this point. I'm thrilled to be able to celebrate my first Mother's Day this year. I've waited for so long to be a "part" of this day, and I am thrilled to be able to spend it with my sweet baby boy. We don't have anything special planned-Jordan has to work, my parents are headed down to visit my grandparents for a few hours, and Jordan's parents are down at his grandparent's house. So, it's going to be me and my little monkey. I wonder what kind of trouble we can get into?? ;)

Speaking of mother's, I want to wish my own mom a very happy Mother's Day. As I've gotten older, my mom has become one of my best friends. We spend lots of time together shopping, talking, and just hanging out with the baby. She was one of my biggest supporters when going through fertility treatments, with prayer, encouraging words, and just being there for me. And now, she is not only a great mom, but an incredible grandmother. I think she wanted me and Jordan to have a baby more than we did. Okay, maybe not, but she is definitely a close 2nd!! She adores the little guy, and she will drop everything to watch him or just come by and say "hi." Happy Mother's Day, mom. I love you!

I know there are several of you still in "the trenches" of IF. The pain of watching others celebrate with their children is still fresh in my mind. I hope you are able to enjoy your day, avoid all the facebook status updates that are bound to happen, and spend time with the ones you love. Know that there are people praying for your miracles--though I may not know each of you in real life, or even by your real name, He knows. And He is a mighty God. Big hugs to you on this tough day.

No comments: