Monday, February 8, 2010

A Nice Little Surprise! (McFatty Monday)

My brother came home over the weekend, and we had a little fun on the Wii. I haven't weighed in on the Wii Fit in a couple of weeks, so I figured, what the heck, I'll see where I stand. To my surprise, it said I had lost 5.7 pounds since my previous weigh in 13 days prior. I thought I might be down a pound or 2, but I was very excited to see that! GO ME!

BUT...

Even though I'm just below pre-pregnancy weight, I still don't fit into my goal jeans :(

I was warned that my body wouldn't be the same after having a baby--Things shift and weight disperses differently. I'm finding that to be so true! Even though I weigh less, some of my pants are still tight. Some are loose. Many shirts fit awkwardly or not at all (thanks mostly to my enormous chest). It's just the oddest thing. So, my goal is still to fit in those jeans, but if it doesn't work out for me, I guess I'll just have to go on a shopping spree and get new stuff!! Either way, I'm sure I'll be just fine. Poor, but just fine. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

women facing infertility would like to smack people like you in the face for being so caught up about your post-baby body. Appreciate the fact that you got pregnant and had a healthy baby and quit complaining about not being able to fit in a certain pair of jeans.

True To Life said...

Wow, that is why they should not allow anonymous comments... I don't see one place where you say you don't appreciate having a baby and obviously you went through a lot to get it!! What's wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself??? NOTHING! So, anyway, what I was going to say to comment on your post before I was so rudely interrupted by that jerky person was:
I'm definitely below my pre-pregnancy weight as well, and am NO WHERE NEAR fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans... it's frustrating!!! Just gotta do lots of toning (which is torture to me)!
Hang in there! (and ignore haters)